Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up - Week of 07/12/09

It was my first week back couponing and it took a little longer to get back into the groove than I'd like, but I got some good deals (and some crazy ones!)

I skipped Walgreens altogether. I've decided that it can be a pain in the butt if you don't have something you REALLY want to get for cheap/free. The biggest deal there last week was sunscreen and I decided I could live without 2 sunscreens for $1.50ish.

SO... here's what went down this week (LOTS of getting ready for back to school and having kids over in the afternoons)

Publix

4 Crystal Light Drink Mix
6 Klondike Bars
1 Del Monte Peaches
1 Juicy Fruit (took Thing 1... had to pay him off!)
1 Italian Sub Sandwich (off task a bit)
1 Chocolate muffins (WAY off task!)
8 Capri Sun Boxes
4 Nabisco Snack boxes
2 Deer Park 12 packs
4 Lucky Charms

Total OOP $43.51 (before tax) Savings $76.44 (over 60% savings even with off task items!)

I had another Publix run that was ALL blueberries, but I don't have the receipt. They were a GOOD deal last week at $1.60(ish) per pint. I stocked up (and they disappeared just as quick as I stocked up)


Kroger

Craziness abounded at Kroger this week with their $5 off 10 item sale AND some hidden money back deals.

I'm missing one of my receipts, so I can't give you the low-down from it, but it was around $15ish (I think) OOP for

3 - Coke 2 liters
2 - Lady Speed Stick Deodorant
2 - OB
2 - Carefree
2 - Chewy Granola Bars
1 - Special K Bar
1 - Nesquick
1 - Gallon Milk

2nd, 3rd and 4th trip combined...

20 Amp Energy Drinks (ended up free)
2 Gallons Milk
1 3 pack Juicy Fruit
1 3 pack Double Mint
2 Dole Pineapple
12 Dole Fruit Cups
2 Special K Bars
4 Quaker Granola Bars
4 Soft Soap Hand Soap
2 Chiquita Apple Slices
3 Chex Mix
10 lbs Tyson Boneless Chicken Breasts
4 lbs cherries

Total OOP $47.11 total savings $85.53 (over 60% savings for the 2-4th trips) with $2.25 in kroger coupons to use on my next purchase (which I used today to buy this week's sunday paper!)


CVS

It's the right time to stock up on school supplies at stores like CVS and Walgreens...they're doing sales definitely as loss-leaders, hoping you'll buy more while you're there that's NOT on sale. I have had several $10 off of a $50 purchase coupons lately which are HARD to use when you're trying to keep your out of pocket expenses as low as possible and not end up with too many Extra Care Bucks to carry over to the next week. I didn't end up getting the photo books that I'd wanted and had to get rain-checks on several school supply items.

Here's how I did... starting the week with $3.50 ECB (there are some odd ball things in here!)... notice, things did not go as planned... but oh well!

2 - Rulers
2 - Notebooks (the kind with paper in them)
1 - Pencil Sharpener
2 - Pink/Purple/Green pen packs for ME (love me some purple and pink pens!!!)
2 - Glucose Meters (donating... they were free after coupon and helped get my total above $50)
2 - Tylenol
4 - Dr. Pepper
2 - Mounds Bars (yum!)

Total OOP $10.20 savings of $208.98... (crazy because of the glucose meters... 95% savings)

ECB back $19 (which you'll see in next week's plan...that I've already started on)


Total OOP for the week... $125ish total savings... can't calculate because I'm missing a receipt. :(

Hoping for less OOP this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena