Sunday, April 26, 2009

Week of 4/19/09 - The Big Wrap Up

This was a bit of a wacky week.

LOTS of bargains, but one big time bust at Publix that's going to ruin my over-all savings percentages.

(and just in case I dare forget... I will repeat once more... I will not take my kids shopping!!!!)

I skipped Walgreens and Rite Aid this week.... nothing free that I couldn't live without and nothing spectacular that caught my eye in either ad.

So... here's the rundown for the week. CVS, Publix and Kroger

We'll start with CVS...

I went to CVS hoping to find the Dove Skin Revitalizer that was supposed to be $4.00, since I had a $3.50 off coupon. Unfortunately... none of the stores I visited (and I went to several) had them in stock. Oh well...

What I DID find was deodorant... on SALE big-time!

Addidas Deodorant. One particular fragrance is being discontinued, so it was marked down to $2.50. I had a $1 off coupon AND there were ECB (extra care bucks)! That was a surprise. Had I known, I would have done the deal a little differently, but here's what I bought...

4 - Addidas deodorants @ $2.50 (hoping that Thing 1 or Thing 2 likes this... if not...then these are for charity)

used 4 - $1/off coupons. Total out of pocket $6.00 - received $6 ECB ($2 ECB for each deodorant... limit of 3. Had I know about the ECB, I would have split the purchase into 2 different ones so that I'd get all the ECBs possible)

Savings $10.00 = 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Publix


3 – Crystal Light Drink Mix
4 – Quaker Chewy Granola Bars
2 – Betty Crocker Potatoes
2 – Ken’s Steak House Marinade
1 – Pam Cooking Spray
1 – Burt’s Bees Chapstick (oy!)
1 – Oberto Beef Jerky (oy!!!!)
1 – Gum (aaaaaahhhh!)
1 – Mad Magazine (I am SUCH a pushover!!!)
3 – Sub Sandwiches - I shouldn't include this since it was an "out to eat" dinner, but I'm going to because I DID buy it with the groceries.

(had to get a rain check for the Fast Fixins Roasted Chicken)

Total OOP = $42.50

Savings = $26.50 - 38%
(that's funny... I was beating myself up for spending too much on this trip, and I saved 38% even WITH including an "out to eat" meal!!) .... but I STILL won't take Thing 1 and Thing 2 shopping again!!!!


and my big WOO HOO of the week....

Kroger

5 – Capri Sun $1.79
4 – Pillsbury Brownies $1.00
4 – Pasta Roni Fettucini Alfredo $1.00 (2 - charity)
4 – Quaker Rice Cake Snacks $1.00 (charity)
6 – Barilla Pasta $1.00 (3 - charity)
4 – Angel Soft 4 pack toilet paper $1.00
7 – Brut Deodorant $1.00 (charity)
4 – Lawry’s Marinade $1.00
3 – Soft Soap Hand Soap $1.00
8 – Suave Shampoo $.88 (charity)
4 – McCormick Grill Seasonings $1.00
4 – Green Giant Frozen Vegetables $1.00
1 – Huggies Wipes (no gossip necessary… these make great rubber stamp cleaners!)
1 – Bertolli Meat Lasagna $4.98
1 – Always $2.93
2 – No-Nonsense Socks – 3pack $2.00 (woo hoo! Cheap socks!! Not on the list, but on sale AND I had coupons!)
1 – gallon 2% milk $1.99

$30.28 total OOP
$100.06 savings - 76% WOO HOO!!!! AND was a phenomenal week for deals that I can share.


Grand total for the week...

$72.78

Savings $136.56 - 69% WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

Big time THANK YOU to Jenny from SouthernSavers.com who does all the hard work so that I can save the big bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena