Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Week of 05/03 - Walgreens Plan

I'm just getting started with my Walgreens week. I concentrated on CVS at the beginning of the week because it seemed a little more complicated to me for some reason.

Now that I've finished CVS... I'm onto Walgreens!

There are a lot of good deals at Walgreens, but they take a little bit of thought. I'm coming into the week with lots of Register Rewards (RR) from last week's purchases, but I'm not sure if I'll use them at Walgreens or Publix. I'll decide as the week goes by. It might make more sense to use them at Publix since I won't have to worry about having more coupons than items like I will at Walgreens (The coupon rule is that you can't have more coupons than items in a transaction, but there are always things I buy at Publix that don't have coupons. Because of that, it might make more sense just to use them there where I don't have to think too hard!) There ARE a lot of non-coupon-y sales this week that I will probably take advantage of too....

I need cleaning supplies this week and there are some good ones on sale! I just wish there was laundry detergent!!! I need a deal on laundry detergent (luckily Publix has one that starts tomorrow...but that's another post... this is Walgreens!)

There are 2 "money makers" that I know of this week. One for the week is Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste $4.49 with RR of $4.50. I have (4) -$1/1 coupons, which means $4 bonus for me!!

The other is for Bayer Quick Release which is still $2.50 and supposedly is still giving $2.50 RR all month. I believe I still have a couple of the -$1/1 coupons for that, so that will be a money maker too!

See SouthernSavers.com for the long list of sale/coupon match-ups. Here are the ones I'm taking advantage of...

$4.49 RR wyb Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste 4.6 - 6 oz at $4.49
-$1 off Colgate toothpaste, printable (free without coupon...money maker with coupon)

$2 RR wyb Right Guard Deodorant at $2.99
-$1/2 Right Guard, Dry Idea, or Soft & Dri, SS 3/08
-$1 off any Right Guard, Dry Idea or Soft & Dri, SS 4/19 (makes it FREE)
-$1 off Right Guard Fast Break (included in the sale) printable (makes it FREE)

$2 RR wyb (2) Pert Plus for $5
-$1.50 off Pert Plus for Men SS 5/03 (buy 2, use 2 coupons makes it FREE)
-$1 off Pert Plus products SS 5/03 or printable (buy 2, use 2 coupons makes it .50¢ ea after RR)

$5 RR wyb (3) 12 pks of Sunkist, 7UP, Canada Dry, A&W or Hawaiian Punch at 3 for $11*
-$1 off 7-Up 12 pk printable (says in fine print that it can be used on any 7UP product)
(Buy 3, use 3 coupons makes it $1 ea)
* I heard that this one works on Dr. Pepper also. I WISH there were a Dr. Pepper coupon out there!!!

Spend $10, get $2 RR, Spend $25, get $6 RR
(variety of Swiffer/Febreeze, Mr. Clean and Cascade P&G products)

Mr. Clean 28 oz. liquid or 2pk Magic Eraser at $2.50 ea
B1G1 Mr Clean Magic Eraser PG 5/03
-.75/1 Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (got this one in the mail from this site)

Febreze Air Effects Spray at $2.50 ea
-.50/1 Febreze Air Effects PG 5/03

Febreze Candle or Freshener at $6
-$1 off Febreze Candle PG 5/03
-$4/1 off Febreeze Noticeables PG 5/03

Cascade Detergent at $4
-.25/1 off Cascade PG 5/03
-$1/1 off Cascade Tabets (got this one in the mail..see link above)
-.50/1 off Cascade PG 5/03 (?) AND in mail

Swiffer Sweeper Starter Kit at $10 or Refills at $4
-$2 off Swiffer Sweeper (got this one in the mail. see link above)
HEARD that there were refill coupons in the Swiffer Sweeper box. Will see.
$5 Rebate wyb $10, $10 rebate wyb $20 in Swiffer refills

$3 RR wyb (2) Nabisco Cookies & 1 Gallon Milk*
Nilla Wafers $3 ea
Oreos $3 ea
Newtons $3 ea
-$1/2 Nabisco crackers or cookies, printable - no more available, but I got 2!!

* RR prints even if you don't buy milk!

Buy any (3) Aveeno products, get a FREE Travel Essentials Kit
-$2 off Aveeno printable


Here's the plan...

I'm starting the week with lots of RRs, but almost all of them are $2 or $2.50 which makes it difficult to use them on transactions where I have lots of coupons. For that reason, I might be rolling a lot of them into Publix instead of this week's Walgreen's deals.

Transaction 1
$4.49 Colgate Sensitive
(2) $3.00 Nabisco Cookies
$2.99 Right Guard
$.69 chocolate bar (filler...but yummy one!)

Use Nabisco $1 off/2 coupon, $1 Colgate Coupon and $1 Right Guard coupon
Total $11.18
Use 2 - $5 RRs from last week
OOP $1.18 (plus tax) receive $4.50 RR, $3 RR, $2 RR

***
Transaction 2

2 Febreeze Noticeables @ $6
2 Mr. Clean Magic Erasers @ 2/$5
2 Swiffer Wet Refills @ $4
1 Right Guard $2.99
2 Oreos 2/$6 (stocking up for the summer w/ this sale $1.50 is a good price)

Total $33.99
use B1G1 Magic Erasers ($2.50) coupon, 2 x -$4/1 Febreeze Coupons, -$1/2 Nabisco coupon
use - $4.50 RR (transaction 1), 2 x $2.50 RR (last week)
total coupons/RRs $21

OOP $12.99 (get back $3 RR, $6 RR, $2 RR)
*****

Transaction 3

2 Febreeze Noticeables @ $6
2 Mr. Clean Magic Erasers @ 2/$5
2 Cascade @ $4
2 Fig Newtons 2/$6 (told you I'm stocking up!!)

Total $31
use (2) -$4/1 febreeze coupon, 1 B1G1 Mr. Clean Coupon ($2.50), 1 -$1/1 Cascade coupon and 1 -$.50/1 Cascade coupon
use $2 RR (transaction 3) and $2.50 RR from last week

$14.50 OOP (get back $6 RR, $3 RR)
*****

Transaction 4

6 Magic Erasers 2/$5
1 Swiffer Sweeper 1/$10
1 Colgate Sensitive 1/$4.50
1 Right Guard 1/$2.50

$32 Total
Use 3 B1G1 coupons for Magic Eraser (7.50), -$1/1 Swiffer coupon, -$1/1 Colgate coupon and -$1/1 Right Guard Coupon
Use 3 x $3 RR from Nabisco transactions

$12.50 OOP (get back $6 RR, $4.50 RR and $2 RR)
******

Transaction 5
(3) 7-up 12 packs 3/$11
1 - Colgate Sensitive $4.50
1- Right Guard $2.50
3 - Aveno Lotion $2.70
1 - Aveno Kit (free with purchase of 3)
2 - Nabisco 2/$6

Total $26.70
Use 3 x -$1/1 7-up coupon, $1/1 Colgate coupon, -$1/1 Right Guard Coupon, 4 x -$2/1 Aveeno Coupon
Use 2 x $6 RR from Swiffer transactions

$1.70 OOP (get back FREE Aveeno kit, $5 RR, $4.50 RR, $2 RR, $3 RR)

If I can find the Pert coupons that make it free, then I'll throw some of those in here and there along with the Bayer asprin. I just don't know how many of those coupons I have left.

I'll have a little more out-of-pocket than I have in previous weeks, but that's because I'm actually getting things that aren't FREE... some things I really need (swiffer refills, cookies, etc.) Not everything can be free! :)

I came into the week with $28 RR. Spent about $8 of those at Publix. Will see how I end up at the end of this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena