Monday, May 11, 2009

Week of 05/03/09 - Walgreens Wrap Up

Walgreens was one of my big-spends this week. There were some good deals on cleaning supplies that I use and had great deals this week, so it was time to stock up. It's hard to PAY for things now... which is silly. PAYING for things is what you DO when you shop!! I just found it hard to adjust my thinking after the last few weeks of practically being given everything. Try as I might, however, I couldn't find a way to get my Swiffers and refills for free.... amongst other things.

I spent more than I would have liked to and was definitely not the smartest about rolling my Register Rewards, but I'm going to concentrate on making plans for that, so that I don't end up with a surplus each week. More on that at the end...

Here is the final tally...

7 - Right Guard Deodorant (Thing 1 is now SET! Anything else that I'd stockpiled goes to charity...he likes this one best and it was FREE!!!!!!!!!)

6 - Pert Plus 3 in 1 Shampoo Body Wash (free... MAYBE this will be the one extra-choosy Thing 1 picks??!! He has made it clear that he does NOT like Axe! Which made Thing 2 happy... no sharing necessary LOL)

3 - Bayer Aspirin (still free this month with RR... a MM if you have the $1 coupon)
5 - Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste ($1 MM with the $1 off coupon)
1 - Immodium (walgreens brand... not on sale)
6- Aveeno Lotions
2- Aveeno Travel Bags (gifts) ALL of the Aveeno items were free after coupons
2 - Swiffer Sweepers (replacing mine. The new one is nicer than the one I got a few years ago)
3 - Swiffer Wet Refills (I wish I would have found coupons for these... but they were still necessary)
10 - Magic Erasers (splitting w/ my sis. These things ROCK! and B1G1 made it the time to stock up... they do dissentigrate pretty quickly.)
2 - Cascade (wish I would have known about the electrosol deal first... oh well!)
2 - Febreeze
3 - Febreeze Noticables/Refills (less expensive than the Bath and Body works ones...but not sure I like them as much. I might have to suck it up and pay extra for that Pumpkin Spice scent! These will work for now.)
3 - Diet 7 up (more stock up for summer parties, etc.) $1 a 12-pack?!! woo hoo!
3 - Sunkist Orange (Thing 1 and Thing 2 have a friend who ALWAYS wants orange soda...now I can say "YES! I have some!!!" This stash is just for him)... and at $1 a 12-pack.... no problemo
9 - Oreos (no lectures please. I love them. They were on sale AND I had a good coupon. They'll last a LONG time.)
7 - Fig Newtons (ditto)
2 - Stouffer Mac and Cheese (Walgreens wouldn't have been my first choice, but we were there and it was dinner-time AND Thing 1 had begged for this as dinner for several days. He finally won)
2 - Bliss Candy Bar (clearance price filler so that I'd have as many items as coupons)
1 - Peeps (12 cent filler.... anybody want a crispy marshmallow chick???) ick!


Total OOP = $95.88 (after using rebate gift cards)

Savings = $274.32 70%

(The cleaning supplies were the bulk of the REAL money spent, but the cookies alone probably would have cost me over $50 without the coupons/sale!! LOL)


Again, these savings don't reflect the RR that I got back. I didn't plan very well as far as rolling them into deals and ended up with WAY more than I started the week with. I'll have to roll them into deals at Publix this week because there are not a lot of great Walgreens deals or things I need there this week. I started the week with $28 RR and ended it with $42. Not great planning. Would have made my OOP MUCH less if I'd planned better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena