Monday, May 11, 2009

Week of 05/03/09 - CVS Wrap Up

It was a week of STOCKING UP FOR SUMMER at CVS...

and in the end... I got "PAID" $14 to do it!!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

I hadn't planned to buy a lot at CVS this week, but when the sales/coupons rolled out the way they did... it was a smart time to stock up on some stuff that we'll definitely use over the summer. (2 boys plus all the neighborhood friends of 2 boys.... Add to that parties, cook-outs, family gatherings, hanging out at the pool, road-trips....and....and...and... it was a smart time to stock up!)

The primary item of the week was cokes (I say that in the generic Southern girl way, where "cokes" refers to anything carbonated be it Classic Coke, Cherry Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Root Beer.... it's ALL "cokes" here in the south. Can also refer to non- Coca Cola products (for instance, you can say "can ya'll bring cokes to the picnic" and not be upset if someone shows up with Big K cola from Kroger... Pepsi might get ya in trouble though) ;) ANYWAY... in this case, when I say "cokes" it WAS Coca Cola products that were on sale.

And BOY were they on sale!!!! When I started the week, I had a few (4-5) $1 off a 12-pack coupons and thought, "cool! $1 12-packs. I'll get 6!! (because that's how many it would have taken to make the deal work... 3 per transaction when combined with the vitamin waters)

WELL... things changed when the $1 off a 12-pack coupon was posted that anyone could print or use.... and I printed enough that I'd be able to stock up my own house, my mom's house and give coupons to friends. I have obeyed the CVS policy of having 1 ECB card for each member of the household AND I have copies of my parents cards... so I am able to use the deals that they don't plan to use OR I can purchase for them. SO I was able to do 5 of the Coca Cola transactions!!!

Then Saturday came along and the deals from this week overlapped with that week's ECB sale...and they were practically GIVING me Coca Cola products. It was NUTS!!!!


So... here's the run-down for the week of Coca Cola....


24 - 12 packs of "Cokes" (I bought a variety to last through the summer and beyond...some went to mom's house)
12 - bottles Vitamin Water 10 (a gift for a friend)
3 - Frosted Flakes Cereal
3 - Special K Cereal
2 - Gilette Shampoo (trying to find something that Thing 1 likes... this ended up a freebie. If he doesn't like the smell, then it's off to the North Fulton Family Charities donation box)
2 - Secret Deodorant (for Mom... hey mom! Don't let me forget to give you these!!!)
1 - Pantene Shampoo (freebie.... to charity)
3 - Axe Bullets (boy was Thing 2 excited.... the boy loves this stuff and you've gotta love a $1.50 clearance on a $7 item!)
1 - Milky Way Dark (treat for me!)

Total OOP = $41.84

Savings = $205.72 83%

(came into week with $7 ECB and no gift cards. Finish the week with $14 in gift card and $48 in ECB) I have NO idea how to show that or the gift cards in my savings... but it will show up in future weeks bottom line.... and in the end. I spent $48 (including last week's ECB) and ended up with $62 in GC and ECB.... I got paid $14 to buy $96 worth of cokes* and assorted other stuff????????


* just a bit of info: The price of 24 - 12 packs at $4 which is an average sale price would be $96 all on its own!


ALL these ideas were from Jenny at Southernsavers.com who is the GURU of bargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena