Sunday, May 3, 2009

Week of 05/03/09 - CVS Plan

YAY! It's a discount coke week at CVS!!! Doesn't seem like it at first when you see 3/$12, BUT there is an ECB deal this week that makes it seem like it will work better than the sale that Kroger is having.

Here's my CVS plan of the week.

(I'm starting off with $7 ECB (one for $5 and one for $1) to spend, left over from last week.)

Transaction 1

3 x Kelloggs Cereals 3/$10
-$1 off Kellogg’s Cereal RP 4/05 or printable
Use: (3) -$1 off Kellogg’s Coupons

Total Due: $7
Use $6 ECB = $1 OOP - Get back $5 ECB
*************


Transaction 2

$10 ECB wyb $20 of any Coke or Mars Products Limit 1

6 - Vitamin Water 3/$4 (limit 6 per trans)
Use: (5) -$1 off Vitamin Water 10 SS 4/05
Use: (1) -.50/1 Vitamin Water printable (wish I had 6 of the $1 off, but at least this one exists!)

3 - Coke products 12 Pk $4 ea (limit 6 per trans)
Use: (3) -$1 off Coca-Cola 12pk coupon at mycokerewards (must enter codes from prior purchases to earn points and "buy" coupons)

Total Due: $11.50
Use $5 ECB = $6.50 OOP Get Back: $10 ECB (makes Cokes 50 cents a 12 pack and Vitamin Water...which I'm giving to a friend, free!)
***********

Transaction 3

2 x Colgate Max Fresh or Max White at $2.99 ($2 ECB when you buy colgate max fresh/white)
Use: (2) -$1 off Colgate Max Fresh or Max White Toothpaste SS 4/26,May All Mag. or printable

Total Due $3.98
Use $2 ECB = $1.98 OOP - Get $4 ECB back (makes this FREE which is the only reason I'd be buying more toothpaste!)
*******

So the plan is to spend $10.48 OOP for the week and end up with $14 in ECB to roll into next week (there isn't anything else I see that I want to use them on this week). Not bad considering I started the week with $7 ECB!

I MIGHT repeat the vitamin water/coke deal paying a little more OOP since I don't have anymore $1 off coupons, but can use the 50 cent ones IF I have enough coke rewards points to get 3 more $1 off coupons for 12 packs. (I'll use my alternate CVS card for this purchase since it's a limit 1 per card. Thanks Mom!) It will be more OOP, but it still ends up under $1.50 for a 12 pack if I consider that the Vitamin Water is free. (I'm calculating it that way since all I really care about is the cokes!)

We'll see....

editor's note...

I did these out of order because I didn't THINK or re-check my plan. I forgot that I had transaction 1 ready to go and I did transaction 2 first this morning on it's own. I did get back a $3 off of $15 purchase ECB along with my $10 ECB though and maybe I wouldn't have if I did it in the other order (who knows!). I will have to re-plan my remaining 2 transactions accordingly!!!

I think if I combine them, I can use all my coupons and have $6 OOP with $19 ECB remaining from all the transactions. Not bad for starting the week with $6 ECB, spending $12 OOP... is that right??? I'd have entered the week with $6 and ended up with $7...if we're looking at it as real-money...which it is as long as I have something real to spend it on! That would mean ALL of that was FREE!! I have to sit and really figure this one out!)

WOO HOO! I worked it out!!! I had to add in a couple of tiny extras to make it work, but in the end I only paid 70 cents out of pocket... and I still have $13 ECB!! AND the scanner machine printed out ANOTHER $3 off of $15 for my next week's purchases!

Planning for ECB card #2

While I was in the store doing the last transaction, I scanned my other Card and got a coupon for $10 off of $50 purchase. I have NO idea how to do this... there isn't $50 of anything that I need!!! I'll have to think on this one some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena